Monday, April 19, 2010

Project Implementation

Here is my podcast

(Transcript)

So far my project implementation has proved to be a bit more challenging than I initially expected. I am working on a school-wide professional development training session for SmartBoard users in my building and, as part of this program, I have been planning a face to face introduction and initial training session. I was a bit surprised when I found out that, unfortunately with the professional development schedule finalized, I cannot meet with the staff before the end of the school year. On a positive note however, I have spoken with my principal and he has offered me the opportunity to work with the staff at our first PD day in September so I will get a chance to really try out the program that I am developing on a larger scale then. In addition, my principal told me that he loves that I am taking the initiative on this issue (and didn't ask for money) and has suggested that I use this project as one of my professional goals for the year.

While I develop my resource, I plan on testing it out on my team. Thankfully two out of the three teachers I work with have Smartboards and have agreed to participate in a mini-training seminar. With any luck, this will provide me with the opportunity to work out any kinks early on rather than making a fool of myself later in front of the full staff. While I had hoped that this project would move along a bit more quickly, I am glad to see that I will get an opportunity to develop both my own skills and improve my position as a technology leader at my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment